Saturday, December 6, 2014

Oh So Colorful...Triangley Finish



Yes, It is finally finished!  I cannot even begin to tell you how long I have been working on this project.  I can tell you what a stretch it was for me to think modernly and not uniformly for once and the super bright colors, oh my!  For this Quilt I started with a set of 6" Charm squares, cut them into triangles and paired them up with a white on white print (also cut into triangles).  The goal was random, modern and to try to get all the rain drops going the same direction--downward.  It is offset with a bright orange swirl fabric and a lime green strip for the binding.  The backing uses the blue fabric with the same swirls, paired with the left over Orange from squaring up the sides (equal sized strips were put on all sides before trimming the offset).  I used a free-motion swirl stitch that was inspired by something I saw on Leah Day's blog, but please don't look too closely, I am not as perfect as her stitchery yet!

I am linking up this week to:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Fridays with Laura @Quokkaquilts
WHOOP, WHOOP Fridays @Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Link A Finish Friday @ Richard & Tanya Quilt
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Needle & Thread Thursday @My Quilt Infatuation



Thanks for stopping by today!

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna

Don't forget Monday starts this year's Giveaway day @ Sew Mama Sew!!!

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job of thinking 'modernly' :D Wow, this is truly awesome - everything, the back, the binding, the quilting... oh the quilting is wonderful!! Congratulations on a fab finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and your swirl quilting is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! If you were out of your comfort zone, you still succeeded at creating an attractive quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!